Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Taco Meat

Paul loves taco meat. I don't get it but it's easy enough to cook. I ground up some deer and pork meat that was in the freezer for well over the recommended 6 months. Daniel loved watching the meat grinder. He insisted on peeling the garlic after I convinced him he might get sick from handling the raw meat. He very gallantly offered to handle the meat if I might get sick from it too. ❤

1.5 lbs ground pork
3 lbs ground deer
2 onions, chopped
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/4 cup dried oregano
2 Tbs cumin, ground
2 Tbs coriander, ground
1/2 cup ground paprika

Brown the meat in batches. Use some of the leftover fat in the pan to brown the onions, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir in the spices. Add salt and black pepper until it tastes "right." Made about 12 cups of taco meat.

I tossed the jalapeno and garlic in the grinder with the meat instead of chopping them by hand. This is a very loose recipe for me: Meat, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin, and paprika. I'll add in different stuff depending on what's laying around.

No comments: